The Niagara Regional Agricultural Society strives to promote excellence and instil leadership, confidence and independence in our outgoing young men and women by hosting this program. The program will provide participants with leadership opportunities communication & interview skills.
The Fair ambassador will learn about and promote agriculture as he/she represents the Niagara Regional Agricultural Society at various events in the Niagara Region for one year.
Each contestant will be required to submit an essay on “Where do you see the Agriculture community 5 years from now?” Or “Why is Agriculture important in the Niagara region? (1000 words)
- The age limit for participants is 17 to 24 yrs. at the time of the competition (17yrs by the following August)
- Participants must be non – Parental
- Contestants must not enter a second similar contest which would interfere should he/she be chosen this year’s ” Niagara Regional Agricultural Society Fair Ambassador”
- Participants who submit forms must be enrolled in some type of Agriculture or Education program.
Duties expected when crowned the 2014/2015 Fair Ambassador
- ” Attend the four(4) days of the fair September 11-14 2014
- Attend the District meeting in November
- Attend the Annual General meeting of the Niagara Regional Agricultural Society in January
- Attend the OAAS convention in Toronto (third week in February,2015)
- Attend any functions the society sponsors though out the year
- Attend /Assist in public relations through out the year (parades, etc.)
The participant chosen must be seeking a post secondary education in some type of Agriculture or Education Program, i.e. Early Childhood Education. The winner will receive a $300 Scholarship towards their education.